IRS Tax Representation in Greensboro, NC
Tax Attorneys Assisting Individuals with IRS and State Tax Issues
No one wants to deal with the IRS or the North Carolina Department of Revenue (NCDOR) alone, and no one should have to. The laws involving taxes (on both a federal and state level) are complex and designed to leave you with less patience (and money) than you started with. Ivey McClellan has a long history of representing individuals and businesses in a wide area of tax-related issues. Our attorneys have handled cases from a few hundred to a few million dollars owed. We’ve helped clients with preventative tax preparation strategies and creative tax repayment structures. Our tax law professionals in Greensboro, NC are here to assist you with your tax-related issues and provide you with all the tax tips you need.
Looking for Tax Law Representation?
Contact the Experts at Ivey McClellan Today!
Prevent Your Tax Problems With A Consultation
It is our core belief that an ounce of prevention can save you a pound of problems. Our IRS tax attorneys would love to meet with you before a tax liability problem arises to sit down and discuss what upcoming events are likely to take place, and what legal consequences might transpire as a result. Based on this conversation, we can set up a tax planning strategy to maximize your assets while minimizing your tax exposure. We walk through all the possible options and ensure you understand the process to avoid future liabilities.
Unfortunately, not all federal tax issues can be resolved by taxpayers dealing directly with the IRS. In those cases, we are here to serve as your tax advocate to help get you out of the hole you feel you are stuck in. The rules for dealing with tax authorities are different, but we have the knowledge and experience to help you out of those complicated situations. As tax attorneys in Greensboro, NC, we have years of experience, offering innovative and creative tax repayment plans to the IRS and NCDOR, with the goal of saving you as much of your hard-earned savings as possible.
If you would like to talk to a tax professional about your specific situation or to discuss any federal tax laws and problems, schedule a free consultation with one of our professional tax attorneys here at Ivey McClellan to get started today.
Solving Tax Problems In A Variety of Areas
We work closely with your certified public accountant (CPA) to help you in all of your tax-related issues, from the most complex to the relatively basic. If you don’t have an accountant, no worries. We will gladly refer you to one of the CPA’s that we work with on a regular basis. All information shared between you, your tax lawyer, and your accountant will remain private and confidential.
Whether you are an individual looking for personal income tax help, a small business owner hoping to get some tax advice, or a large company trying to understand the local tax laws, we can provide the proper tax assistance and complete any tax forms you may require. Some areas that we may be able to assist in include:
- Personal and Business Tax Protection: If you are an individual with an offshore account or investment, or corporation with offshore assets or bank accounts, we can ensure that you avoid penalties by remaining compliant with North Carolina and IRS tax rules and regulations.
- Tax Debt Relief: If you cannot pay your taxes on time or owe back taxes you may be able to qualify for some form of tax debt relief. The IRS offers payment plans or installment agreements as a form of payment, as well as a debt settlement. We can help you understand your options and find the best tax debt relief solution to fit your unique situation.
- Audit Defense: Also known as tax audit representation, in the case of an Internal Revenue Service or state income tax audit, our reputable and experienced tax experts can stand in on your behalf to handle the situation. We will respond to any IRS audit notices on your behalf, defend your tax returns in audit hearings, and help you resolve any tax debt.
- IRS Appeals: Our IRS tax lawyers can also confer with the IRS Independent Office of Appeals to resolve any disputes involved with your tax return. We all have to file a federal tax return each year; however, whether you will receive a tax refund, get audited, or end up owing money is in the hands of the IRS. You may not always agree and try to seek a more equitable tax resolution. If you disagree with a tax decision, it is your right to file an appeal. Having a qualified lawyer on your side as your tax advocate can improve your chances of a successful resolution.
- US Tax Court Litigation: Successfully resolving a tax dispute can sometimes lead to litigation. In case a dispute goes to the US Tax Court, we can represent your case in the federal courts. Whether the dispute is over tax audits, IRS refunds, tax collection, wage garnishment, or more, we can help get a favorable courtroom outcome.
- Criminal Tax Investigations: A Criminal Investigation may ensue to prosecute individuals or corporations who the IRS believes to be evading taxes by willfully not filing, falsely filing returns, or otherwise attempting to defraud taxpayers. Our tax attorneys can stand by your side and defend your case in case of an investigation.
Get the Tax Representation You Need
When it comes to federal and state taxes in the state of North Carolina, the Law Offices of Ivey McClellan offers you the best legal services for resolving your tax disputes and dealing with your serious IRS problems. Whatever charges or penalties you are facing, we have certainly dealt with it before. Our legal staff will work to exhaust every possible option when solving your tax issue. Whether defending your case in the courtroom or simply ensuring the right type of tax debt relief, we can help you along every step of the way.
Contact us today to set up an appointment to meet with one of our tax attorneys to give you legal and tax advice as well as answer any tax questions you may have. Are you ready to work with a qualified tax lawyer? Then what are you waiting for, schedule an appointment today!