Criminal Defense Attorney Greensboro, NC
Assisting Individuals with criminal charges
When you are facing criminal allegations it can be a lengthy, difficult, and emotional experience - no matter the charges. You may face investigations, public charges, penalties and even incarceration, all of which threaten your freedom, finances, security and the rest of your life. Fortunately, with the aid of an experienced criminal defense attorney by your side, you have the power to take immediate action and get the help you need.
If you are searching for a criminal defense lawyer, then look no further than Ivey McClellan. At our law offices, we know that when you have been charged with a crime in the state of North Carolina, that time is of the essence. That’s why our qualified and seasoned defense lawyers are prepared to begin working on your case from the moment you reach out to us for help. With years of experience and successful criminal defense cases at our backs, we do whatever it takes to fight for your freedom and rights.
Need a Criminal Defense Attorney?
Schedule an Appointment with our Criminal Defense Attorneys now!
What To Look For In A Criminal Defense Lawyer
In a criminal case, it is important to work quickly to defend your interests. But that doesn’t mean you should hop on board with the first criminal defense attorney interested in your case. Having an excellent attorney on your side who can put up the best defense possible when you’re in the courtroom is essential. Here are some tips on what to look for in a good criminal defense lawyer:
- Specialized in criminal law. Although they don’t have to practice criminal law exclusively, it is important to partner with an attorney who has years of experience defending cases such as your own. Your attorney needs regular involvement in the criminal court of law to stay up to date on the nuances of the courtroom and best possible defenses.
- Experienced in local and federal courts. Depending on the type of conviction you have been charged with, you will have to present yourself and your case in either local or federal court. That is why you need a lawyer who is experienced in providing counsel in these settings and also knows the ins and outs of the courtroom.
- Has referrals or known in reputable sources. Just a simple Google search can turn up a lot about an attorney on the internet. Check the State Bar of North Carolina to see if the lawyer has any formal discipline on their record. Next, read different reviews to see what previous clients have had to say about their experience with the law office. Also, asking friends and family members for referrals is always a great way to find a lawyer who has provided an excellent experience and insight into how they will handle your case.
- Is responsive and confident. When you are facing a criminal charge, these two aspects are of high importance. Time is of the essence in these cases, and so your lawyer must be very responsive to your needs and be on the ball when defending you. They also must be well spoken and have confidence in working on your behalf.
- Listen closely to your needs. Overall, it is important to find a lawyer who is willing to listen and take direction from you, while also simultaneously offering their expertise on the case. The big decisions of whether to plead guilty or go to trial should be left up to you and your attorney should always take the time to understand your goals and priorities.
What Can A Criminal Defense Lawyer Help Me With
A criminal charge is not a conviction and does not equal guilt. That is why we work closely with all our clients to help you understand the rights you have and help you do everything we can to protect them. Our criminal defense attorneys at Ivey McClellan have specialized in a variety of criminal defense areas. Here are some of the areas we may be able to assist in:
- Driving under the influence (DUI). A DUI in North Carolina should not be taken lightly. If convicted, the consequences can be heavy, including the loss of your driver’s license, court fees, fines and even jail time.
- Drug charges. Individuals who are found to be in the possession of drugs or involved in drug trafficking are likely to be prosecuted. Penalties for drug crimes can be harsh and often not lenient, from substantial fines to incarceration, so be sure you have proper representation in the court room.
- Federal cases. Federal crimes are likely more severe and are harder to defend. Penalties can be very severe, so ensure you have a criminal defense attorney who is admitted to federal court.
- Violent Crimes. These sorts of crimes can range from domestic assault, abuse, or even weapons charges and are often prosecuted with severe penalties. If you have been charged with a violent crime, speak to a criminal defense attorney about your case immediately.
Act Fast to Protect Your Rights
When you’re up against tough charges, the right criminal defense lawyer can help make or break your case. Our qualified and experienced law firm shows that we have what it takes to successfully help clients who have been charged with crimes. At our law office, our defense lawyers have years of professional experience and have served the Triad community in many types of cases, ensuring due process in cases ranging from traffic tickets and misdemeanors all the way up to capital felonies. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the very best in criminal defense law and making sure that they are fairly judged within the court of law.
We’re prepared to put our experience and resources to work for you. Put our proven North Carolina criminal defense lawyers in your corner and schedule a consultation today.
Schedule An Appointment
100 South Elm Street Suite 500
Greensboro, NC 27401
551 Monroe Street
Eden, NC 27288
Phone: (336) 623-4600